Thanks for a great project. While trying to install it on my Mix 2S, I got into this weird problem.
I will try to describe exactly what happened.
- I cannot boot into fastboot mode or edl mode. Recovery and android works fine, recovery is boot-polaris.img right now.
- when trying to boot to fastboot or edl (9008) by using boot-polaris, it will boot straight to android
- when trying to boot to fastboot using “adb reboot bootloader”, it will just hang at the logo screen (never reach fastboot)
- I tried flash other roms but nothing fixed the issue. Btw, stock miui cannot start for some reasons, so I have to flash lineageos in order to use Android.
Here is what I think caused it (I’m 90% sure)
So when I was booting polaris with “fastboot boot boot-polaris.img”, and enable USB Mass Storage mode. my macos sees the phone but doesnt recognize the partitions and show me the dialog box to either “initialize”, “ignore”, or “reject”. And gosh I mis-clicked one time on the initialize button.
Then in my mac Finder and Disk Utility, there is a new volume appear as shown here
Basically, what I understand is that macOS has somehow formatted that partition into FAT16 and mount it. The contents are shown in the image, and from what I googled, it seems to belong to /modem partition or something like that, I have no clue. The partition is named “Qualcomm sde” (shown in above images)
- I think these are causing my mi mix 2s not being able to boot into fastboot or edl, I might be wrong
- Android and recovery still works fine, so I really need to find out how to revert this back to normal.
Please help me guys, really desperate now, thanks a lot!